Reducing the risk of milk fever, That’s the beauty of Bovikalc®
Bovikalc® delivers a massive 42g of available calcium in each bolus:
- Calcium chloride (fast release).
- Calcium sulphate (slow release).
|Watch the video here|
Each bolus also has an acidifying effect, much like a DCAD diet has, which helps
the cow to mobilise her own calcium reserves.
The bolus dissolves in the rumen within 20-30 minutes and helps to raise blood
calcium levels over a prolonged period of time.
TO BE USED IN DAIRY COWS AT RISK OF DEVELOPING MILK FEVER,
ESPECIALLY IN HIGH YIELDING, OLDER DAIRY COWS AND THOSE
INDIVIDUALS AT INCREASED RISK.
CONVENIENT WITH PROVEN EFFICACY, THAT’S THE BEAUTY OF BOVIKALC®
For reduction of the risk of milk fever:
- 1st bolus at the first sign of parturition.
- 2nd bolus immediately after calving.
- If necessary, give 1 or 2 additional boluses at 12–15 hour intervals.
For supplementation following calcium injection:
- 1st bolus 2–3 hours after calcium injection.
- 2nd bolus 12–15 hours later.
Provided that cows can raise their head and are starting to eat and drink. Only administer Bovikalc® using the approved applicator.